Published: 06 March 2020
The following update from Public Health England and a Public Health England Useful Links paper have been released:
Update – 17:00hrs 5 March 2020 - Novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has confirmed that as of 9am 5 March a total of 18,083 people have been tested in the UK, of which 17,968 negative and 115 positive. DHSC will be publishing updated data on this page on a daily basis at 2pm until further notice.
As of yesterday, due to the number of new cases, DHSC will no longer be tweeting information on the location of each new case. Instead, this information will be released centrally in a consolidated format online, once a week (Friday).
- Yesterday the second phase of the public information campaign has launched and focuses on handwashing – the latest materials are available on the Campaign Resource Centre.
- A news story has been published about sick pay from day one for those affected by coronavirus.
- A new blog has been published about social distancing.
- DfE has set up a helpline offering guidance for anyone with education related questions.
- Key sources of information and guidance are contained in the attached document.
- Follow us on Twitter: @PHE_SouthEast